• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Document contains incompatible objects

New Here ,
Mar 23, 2022 Mar 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

• My illustrator won't open a cloud file and I can't download it. The message comes up saying this cloud document contains objects that are not compatible with the current illustrator version. 
    Does anyone know how to access this type of document ?? Really need help it's got important uni work on 😞
TOPICS
Bug , Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jan 13, 2023 Jan 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi I am having same problem with a file on my Ai cloud saying: 

" this cloud document contains objects that are not compatible with the current illustrator version."

Can I get help please? 

By @Zqueedoo2765570073cy

And you are opening an AI file that has been created on which version exactly? On which device and which version are you opening it? If from desktop to iPad: then yes, there are functions that are not supported on the iPad. The file should open though. Does it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All I can figure is when I shut down my computer maybe Ai did an automatic update to a new version. It is completely in the cloud. I am not trying to open it on a different device/only in my cloud. It won't open and it won't let me download it to save it elsewhere.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So which version do you have installed now?

ANd all of this happened on the same device? You created, edited and now open the file on the same device? Which is your desktop computer? Can you please describe step by step what happened to that file and where you edited it? What is in the file (I'm not interested in the contents, but the functionality, so what tools and functions did you use to create it)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 19, 2023 Jan 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Zqueedoo2765570073cy,

Sorry for the trouble you are facing with the cloud document. Would you mind sharing the cloud document with us here or via Private message with me? We will try to recover it.

Looking forward to it.

Thanks,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That would be awesome if you could help me recover the file. 

I would prefer to PM the link to the document because it's original artwork. I am not sure how to PM you on this site though. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just figured it out. Sent to you. Appreciate anything you can do to help recover it. Thanks for trying. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 20, 2023 Jan 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for sharing the document, @Zqueedoo2765570073cy, but we are unable to access it. Please ensure "anyone with the link can view" and "Save a copy" is checked.

Anshul_Saini_1-1674222025688.png

Thanks,

Anshul

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 20, 2023 Jan 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok working on it

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 27, 2023 Jan 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Zqueedoo2765570073cy,

I just wanted to know how things are going on your end. Is the issue resolved, or are you still facing the issue?
If yes, please share the link again. We are still unable to access the link you shared earlier.

Kindly update the discussion if you still need assistance with it. We'd be happy to help.

Thanks,
Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 03, 2024 Feb 03, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello please could you help me, I'm having the same issue

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 03, 2024 Feb 03, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Michaela352278961aay  schrieb:

Hello please could you help me, I'm having the same issue

Does any of the posts in this thread solve your issue?

If not, please create a new thread and describe your situation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 17, 2023 May 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Anshul_Saini, I am aslo encoutering the same issue. I tried reinstalling an old version but it still displays the same message. Kindly help me out. This is my file link https://assets.adobe.com/id/urn:aaid:sc:US:e8c08d8e-6f62-443c-861b-edc0ce684d2a?view=difile

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 18, 2023 May 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Francis25981162ap6j,

I'm sorry to hear that. I understand that you've tried reinstalling an old version, but it still displays the "Document contains incompatible objects" error message.

I've sent the file to our product team for further investigation. I'll get back to you as soon as I have a response from them.

Best,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 18, 2023 May 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Alright thank you. I'll be waiting

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 19, 2023 May 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your patience, @Francis25981162ap6j. The product team has successfully recovered the file. However, they have requested logs (https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-log-collector.html) and need a few more details like:

• The Exact version of OS & Ai you are using.
  • Are you using any third-party plugins? If yes, please share their name & version no.
  • Can you provide some background on the events that led up to this situation?

Furthermore, I have sent you a direct message to acquire some confidential information.

File Link: https://shared-assets.adobe.com/link/479aa40b-4250-4c17-7efe-b9a4409b0f71

Looking forward to your response.

Best,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Alright thanks. For the little details needed:

1.  OS version: 22H2 and AI version: (27.5)
  2. No plugins
  3.  Everything was working fine, then the app freezed. Nothing was working, I tried closing the app throught the taskbar but to no avail. However, I restarted the computer, launched AI and tried opening the file. That was when that pop up appeared.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the prompt response, @Francis25981162ap6j. Would you mind sharing the log file generated by the log collector tool? You can find it on your Desktop, most likely with the extension "..ZXP".

Thanks,

Anshul

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the file exceed the max file size. Any suggestion on how to get it to you?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Francis25981162ap6j You can upload it on Creative Cloud, Google Drive, or any similar service and share the download link with me via DM.

Thanks,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was able to open the AI file you sent. It is working great. Thank you very

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 24, 2023 May 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Francis25981162ap6j,

Glad to hear that. Would you mind sending the logs? You can upload it to Creative Cloud, Google Drive, or any similar service and share the download link with me via DM or here. This would really help the team to take the investigation further and prevent similar incidents from occurring in the future.

Thanks,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 27, 2023 Oct 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Maria28951810t81p  schrieb:

https://assets.adobe.com/id/urn:aaid:sc:EU:439cba49-0b26-4b21-ac9f-68722946d1f4?view=difile

I cant open my adobe file in any version of illustrator 

@Anshul_Saini  can you please try and recover this file? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Maria28951810t81p,

We are sorry to hear about this. The product team needs some information to further investigate the issue:

• Collect logs with the help of the Log Collector tool (Ensure the Adobe application is not running before running the Log Collector tool)
    The log file is generated by the log collector tool . You can find it on your Desktop, most likely with the extension "..ZXP". You can upload it to Creative Cloud, Google Drive, or any similar service and share the download link with me via DM or here. 
  • When did you first notice this problem?
  • Do you see the issue with one document or multiple documents?
  • Did you have any connectivity problems while working with the document before encountering the issue?
  • How long have you been using the Adobe application on the current system?
  • Do you have another system logged with the same Adobe ID?
  • Does anybody else have access to your Adobe account?
  • Do you have a shared folder / files on the cloud? If yes, please tell us the name of the file / folder along with the Adobe ID of the person with whom it is shared.
  • Would you be able to please confirm when was the last time you updated Adobe apps?
  • Were there any changes made to your Adobe subscription plan (like upgrade or renewal, plan change, etc.)?

Do you have multiple versions of the same Adobe apps installed on your machine? What all versions do you use?

Do you have any Antivirus, cloud backup, OneDrive, iCloud backup (or similar software) on the system? If yes, please tell us the name of the software.

Looking forward to your response.

Best,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 03, 2024 Apr 03, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi If anyone is still looking at this forum post I am aslo encoutering the same issue. I tried reinstalling an old version but it still displays the same message.

This is the link to the file https://assets.adobe.com/id/urn:aaid:sc:AP:b0602f02-43ff-452c-8d5d-d501fa12397e?view=difile

If needed, I can also send over the log file from the log collector tool as, unfortunately it won't allow me to send the file here as it's an unsupported file type

I'm currently running on Windows 10 Pro(Ver. 22H2) and I don't have any extentions installed as far as I can remember. It was working fine with the latest version of Illustrator up until recently if memory serves rihgt, so I'm not sure what changed or went wrong.

I'm in a bit of desperate need for help as this file is quite important for a class I'm having in college right now!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines