Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Documents not found on device

New Here ,
Feb 24, 2022 Feb 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Since yesterday my laptop is not able to open any Illustrator documents I saved in the Creative Cloud. When I try to open a file, the error message is as follows:

"Unable to open "Untitled-1" because it is not found on your device. To recover this document, click Learn More"

First of all, the learn more button does not work. I can however open the files on another pc without any problems. I have tried re-installing Illustrator and Creative Cloud, but that did not work. The problem is only with Illustrator docuements, not with other files saved in the Cloud.

Since I am able to open the documents on another pc, the problem is likely to be with my laptop, but I have no clue what it could be. Could someone help me with this?

TOPICS
Bug , Sync and storage

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you talking about cloud files: .aic or files saved in your Creative Cloud Files folder?

Is synching working in the CC app?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am talking about files saved in my CC files folder. As long as I can see, syncing still works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So double clicking a file in that folder does not open it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nope, that does not open it.

Btw, I now see that they are saved as .aic in the CC files folder, I am not sure if that changes anything...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That changes everything. .aic files are a different, cloud only based, file format and are sometimes saved locally.

You could try to make them available offline.

Or check the CC app > Files > Your Files, select a file, click the 3 dots on the right of the window, choose View on web.

With the document open in a browser window, click another 3 dots to download the file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Making it available offline unfortunetely does not change anything.. So this means I have to download each and every file if I want to edit it again? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know how many .aic files you have saved.

You cannot save them in your CC files folder so you are talking about a different file format.

If you can see them in the CC app as Your Files but cannot open them, I suggest to contact Adobe support:

Welcome to Adobe Customer Care! Need help?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah I can see all of them in Your Files but the weird thing to me is that I can open them with my account on a different computer..

Anyways, I'll contact Adobe support. Thanks a lot for you help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Good, hope they can help and let us know when they found the solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines