• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Does the color picker account for the isolation mode color overlay?

Enthusiast ,
Dec 07, 2022 Dec 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

2022-12-07_16-06.png

When I use the color picker tool to select a color for my selected text, there is a "faded" overlay on the picture, because selecting my text brings me into isolation mode because my text is in a group because it's created with envelope distort, and isolation mode has a color overlay on the image.

Does the color picker tool account for the isolation color overlay or doesn't?

If it does, then I am not picking the correct color (1) for my text (2).

And if it does, how do I pick the correct color?

Do I need to pick the color first and then enter isolation mode?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It shouldn't. Are you finding that it does?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It does unfortunately, I tested it with the color of the lake (that's a uniform color fill that I use as text background).

It would be nice if it wouldn't, but I guess the best solution is to disable the color overlay of the isolation mode.

How do I disable it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Isolation mode seems to have no effect on the eyedropper selection, unless we're talking about different things:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

2022-12-07 16-52-39.gif

For me it picks different colors.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For a placed image it will, unless the image is embedded, because it's selecting from the on-screen preview, not the image itself.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need my images linked, so that I can edit them in all apps.

Can I have them embedded and still linked?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But it shouldn't, right?

No eyedropper should account for interface dimmings and overlays, at least not on the artboard.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Whether it should or not is a matter for the developers. This is what it does.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Dec 09, 2022 Dec 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no justification for the eyedropper to account for interface dimming, unless it's not possible to eliminate it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have no interest in justifying it. Join prerelease and ask the developers, or start a uservoice post.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I already voted, it has fourty-something votes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That request has nothing to do with the eyedropper. It might resolve this particular situation, but perhaps it would be better to be more specific.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes do not isolate if you want a closer color.

If you are really looking for 100% accurate color then sample in photoshop with a 1-pixel eyedropper.

For example fill a photoshop.PSD in CMYK mode with 50CMY. Place in Illustrator document color mode of CMYK  and sample, you will get a different color. This is very important if you have for example an illustrator vector  fill touching that color in a placed image. 

MikeGondek_0-1670607155771.png

In older versions of Illustrator  shift  eyedropper acted differently to sample without RGB conversion, but they changed that about 3 years ago, and holding down shift does not make a difference anymore.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines