Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Downloaded fonts not showing up

New Here ,
May 11, 2023 May 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I have a friend using Illustrator. They have some downloaded fonts they use for work. When using Illustrator, these fonts do not show up. They are using a macbook pro and the fonts show up in their font book, the fonts show up when using Microsoft Office and Adobe web version, but on the Illustrator desktop app the fonts do now show up. Any steps to troubleshoot this issue? 

Thanks

TOPICS
How-to , Third party plugins

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What kind of fonts are they using? If they happen to be Postscript Type 1 font files those are no longer supported in Adobe applications.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will double check. How can I check if they are Postscript Type 1? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unlike TrueType or OpenType fonts that come in single font files Postscript Type 1 fonts typically have two files, a bitmap file for on-screen display and a vector outlines file for sending data to printers. I'm more familiar with T1 fonts on the Windows platform, where the files carry PFM and PFB suffixes in their file names. Some T1 fonts had separate PFM, PFB and AFM files just for one font. And T1 Multiple Master fonts added an MMM file (but that format has been dead for over 20 years).

I'm pretty sure the Font Book in OSX can find and sort fonts based on their format (others who use OSX daily can feel free to chime in).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 17, 2023 May 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello @Arturo28286063651w,

Thanks for reaching out. I hope the suggestions shared by Bobby helped resolve the problem. If not, kindly share some more details, like the exact name of the Font/Foundry and the version of the OS/Illustrator installed so that we can investigate this further.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Thanks,

Anubhav

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines