• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Drag and Drop Not Working in Illustrator Photoshop - SOLVED

New Here ,
Jun 21, 2024 Jun 21, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Everyone and I hope this helps out the community!

Recently, I have been experiencing some issues whenever I tried to drag a file onto Illustrator, Photoshop, AE, Premiere despite having the adobe creative cloud suite setup to run as administrator.

After digging a little more deep, nothing seemed to work and I stopped when some people suggested tweaking the registry on Windows and I noticed that was a Windows related bug that seems to affect Windows 11 and it is unfixable.

Microsoft released now a Windows Update Repair feature where your apps,files and settings will be preserved which is amazing since it refreshes your current OS and fixes all the OS-related problems without compromising your software installs.

Follow the steps:

Right Click on Windows key then System; Windows Update; Advanced Options and under Aditional Options click Recovery.

Click on FIX PROBLEMS USING WINDOWS UPDATE to have a clean reinstall version of your Windows and don't restart your desktop,laptop until the install finishes and you will have a prompt to reboot after the refresh is done.

It will take around 30 minutes depending on your internet speeds and two or 3 automatic reboots during the install.

I have done it and now I don't have to reboot my Desktop every 10, 15 , minutes every time which drove me insane.

Hope it helps everyone but if you're experiencing this on Mac, I am sorry but this looks like a Windows issue that happens when whe install and tweak settings here and there and things start falling apart.

Side note, always backup your files as it is a no brainer but the reset worked like a charm with a brand new OS updated.

Bye

TOPICS
Bug , How-to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 21, 2024 Jun 21, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello @cjrodrigues,

Thanks for sharing your insights. Feel free to reach out if you have more questions or need assistance. We'd be happy to help.

Thanks,
Anubhav

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines