• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Drawing tablet won't work on Illustrator

Community Beginner ,
Dec 22, 2017 Dec 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently purchased a drawing tablet for myself and downloaded adobe illustrator intending for it to be my main use for the tablet. The first few days it was working fine, I was able to use all of the tools without a problem. However, the last few days, whenever I use the drawing tablet, no matter what tool I select, it always comes up with a pencil and a circle with a line through it and won't allow me to do anything. I read this can happen when you lock a layer, however when I use my mouse I can use the tools, then immediately going back to my tablet, it shows the same pencil and circle with a cross icon. I don't know what's happening, if someone could please inform me it would be greatly appreciated.

[Here is the list of all Adobe forums... https://forums.adobe.com/welcome]
[Comments is to ask about the operation of the Forum, not a specific program]
[Moved from the Comments forum to the specific Program forum... Mod]

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Guide , Dec 23, 2017 Dec 23, 2017

What is your operating system?

it makes sense to check your tablet settings. I'm not at my working comp to indicate the certain option, it's something like "Use handwritten mode". It helps to use Pen Pressure but provides very annoying delays when you work. There are many advises on the Internet how to fix it for different systems.

The first step might be to launch the Tablet Utility and reset the settings to default (using Delete button). This often helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Dec 23, 2017 Dec 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which tool are you using?

If it's the brush tool, then make sure there are brushes in the brushes panel.

You can just create new ones (calligraphy brushes) or load them from libraries.

How to work with brushes in Illustrator

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've tried many tools, some of which I don't no the names of, but I just went through all the tools including the brush tool and all of them gave me the pencil with the circle with a line through it. It clearly isn't a problem with the brush tool.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is your operating system?

it makes sense to check your tablet settings. I'm not at my working comp to indicate the certain option, it's something like "Use handwritten mode". It helps to use Pen Pressure but provides very annoying delays when you work. There are many advises on the Internet how to fix it for different systems.

The first step might be to launch the Tablet Utility and reset the settings to default (using Delete button). This often helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My OS is Windows 10 64x I believe. I don't use Wacom, I use a Gaomom m106k and I don't believe I have "Handwritten mode". But I know for a fact that it is compatible with Illustrator as it worked in the past. I'll try resetting to default and see how that works out

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow, how did I not think of resetting the tablet config. Thank you, it works perfectly now!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 05, 2018 Apr 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your question. I have same problem too, but your question help me a lot.

Thanks,

Rock

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 24, 2022 Oct 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

How did you restart that... Mine is still not working

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines