Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Drawing works w Wacom pen, but pen buttons don't work

Community Beginner ,
May 21, 2022 May 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

I have recently bought and installed a Wacom tablet w drivers. The pen buttons should work in Ai 2022, but it does not for some reason. No reactions at all. What could be the problem?

TOPICS
Draw and design , Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Beginner ,
May 21, 2022 May 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually, the lower button (closest to nib) sometimes registers a right click as intended. It happens while I am drawing with the brush tool and accidently click the button. However if I want to right click or press the upper button (Undo) at another time nothing happens.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 26, 2022 May 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @eliash51658330,

Sorry for the delayed response & the trouble. I was checking with the product team who had the device, and they confirmed pen buttons are working as expected on their end. They have requested to check if this is happening on an older version of Illustrator as well or not?

Also, have you tried reinstalling the Wacom driver or contacted Wacom support for this?

I will be looking forward to your response.

Thanks & Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 29, 2022 May 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi!

I am using Illustrator 2022. The reason why I think it may have something to do with illustrator is that at least one of the two buttons react to pressure while I am drawing with the pen (it right clicks). But as soon as I take away the pen and try to press the button, nothing happens. I will try again in a few days, currently can't experiment more. I will also try Wacom support to hear what they have to say. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines