• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Drop shadow separates from text when copy and pasting. Why?

Explorer ,
Mar 13, 2023 Mar 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there. When I copy and paste a line of text with a drop shadow, the drop shadow in the pasted text becomes separate from the line of text (almost like an embedded image). Why is this? I don't have 'Paste text without Formatting' switched on. See video below. I'm using Illustrator 27.3.1, on a 2021 M1 iMac, using OS Ventura 13.2.1. Any ideas?

TOPICS
Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Mar 13, 2023 Mar 13, 2023

I think its a font issue. I used Avenir instead of Vito Black (font in screen recording) and the problem went away. Simple as that I suppose. Use a different font 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmmm...can't seem to reproduce it here. Have you tried resetting preferences?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Restarted. Trashed my preferences :-(. Restarted. New file and still no joy. I wondered if it was because I inherited the file from another designer - who may have been using an older versions of Illustratror - but no even from scratch the problem still persists. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's a video that shows more info. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You may have issues with your clipboard. Another app interfering with your clipboard. There are countless threads about which app that could be. Do you perhaps have something installed in your system that "enhances" the clipboard?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I think its a font issue. I used Avenir instead of Vito Black (font in screen recording) and the problem went away. Simple as that I suppose. Use a different font 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines