• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Duplicate and rotate beyond a set line

New Here ,
Jan 28, 2022 Jan 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This one is kind of hard to explain, so please bear with me! Due to a very complex job (too hard / lengthy to explain!) I'm trying to set up, I could really do with what is essentially a portal gun in Illustrator!

I've attached some images to try and get my point across! Basically, when the object (a green triangle) is below line A, nothing protrudes from line B.

192C4975-B2DE-4469-B8FB-0FFF6FCB37F5.png

When the object moves up beyond line A, the section that went past line A protrudes out beyond line B, rotated. If the object moves left and right under line A, it would move down and up when coming out from line B.

To make things even more complex, ideally there would be more than one 'portal' - but if at least one were possible, it would make this job much more achievable!

41C1CE5A-42CE-4C56-9884-3E53C01C47F3.png

TOPICS
Draw and design , Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you're expecting it to be done automagically then you'll need a script, but you can fake it easily with a clipping path above and below line A.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That's a pretty challenging task.

I can imagine some ways to do it. Will take a look tomorrow.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines