• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

DWG/DXF files are unable to open after updating latest versions 2021

New Here ,
Nov 06, 2021 Nov 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have read many posts about this issue and no one have ever give a solution for this. 

After updating to latests versions (2021) dwx/dxf files are unable to open in Illustrator, we really need a solution and no, it doesn't work after disabling GPU performance!  I have been working with dwg files in illustrator for many years now and with this latests versions it doesn't work. Error 2067 appears. 

TOPICS
Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
LEGEND ,
Nov 15, 2021 Nov 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Carolina,

Sorry to hear about your experience. Would you mind sharing the version of the OS & Adobe Illustrator? Are you using M1 machine? 
Have you tried installing the latest version(2022) & checked if you're able to open the files? Also, would it be possible for you to share some of the DXF files? We'll be happy to take a look.

Looking forward to your response.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 19, 2021 Nov 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ashutosh,

I am also experiencing the same problem, I too work in the textile industry and am now unable to open DXF files in Illustrator 2022. I used to get around this by using older verions of the software (24) which still allowed for DXF files to be opened but since updating to 2022 the older verions of illustrator are not available to download, the oldest version I can see is 25.4.1 which still throws up the "Unknown Error (2067)" message.

Is there a fix for this problem as it has a massive impact on my day to day work?

Haydn

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 18, 2022 Jan 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Carolina16B8 & @adami20083267

We are sorry about the trouble & delayed response. This issue was fixed in v25.0.1, but it has resurfaced in the later releases. I have forwarded this issue to the product team, and they are currently working on it. I would suggest you, please be patient and stay tuned for the updates. If you need your DXF or DWG files converted into Illustrator files, please DM your file to me, and I will try my best to deliver it to you. You may upload the DWG/ DXF file to Creative Cloud/ Dropbox/ Google Drive or any similar service.

Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 20, 2022 Oct 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Problem still exists!!

Illustrator 2023 (27.0) craches when opening a dwg od dfx file.

Same dwg file is opend by Illustrator 2021 (26.0).

Why is this problem not yet solved?

working on windows system

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 25, 2022 Oct 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Jasper266975536vr7,

We are sorry about the crashing! I know that's really frustrating. Would you mind sharing the file with us here or via DM with me, which is causing the crash?

Also, kindly share the crash report by following the steps shared in this help article (https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/kb/crash-next-steps.html). While submitting the report, please use the same email address as the one used here so we can locate it quickly.

Looking forward to your response.

Thanks,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 20, 2023 May 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @Anshul_Saini 

I also have the same problem with dxf files. Adobe Illustrator writes that this is an unknown format and can't be opened. I love to use AI and need it for preparing my sewing patterns to sell. Now I have to use CorelDraw but I definitely would be happy if it would be possible to fix this problem. I use Apple M1 and can share my dxf file if it helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 05, 2023 Jun 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @Yeliena Pavlova,

I understand that you have been experiencing difficulties with opening or importing DXF/DWG files in Illustrator. 
After careful investigation, it has been determined that the problem is with the DXF/DWG files themselves. They were not created in accordance with the proper file format specifications, and as a result, they are causing errors when attempting to open or import them in Illustrator.

Note: Illustrator uses the latest AutoCAD library licensed from Autodesk to open, import, and export DXF & DWG files.

Please note that the older AutoCAD versions also experience difficulty opening these malformed files. If you come across any DXF/DWG files that can be opened in the latest versions of AutoCAD but not in Illustrator, please share the file with me via DM for further investigation. Our team will do their best to resolve any bugs that may exist.

It's worth mentioning that Illustrator versions 25.0 and below were able to open/import these files because they used a different library, which did not strictly check the DXF/DWG files for conformance. However, due to the lack of support for recent OS upgrades, we have switched to the latest AutoCAD library from Autodesk for opening, importing, and exporting DXF/DWG files. Unfortunately, the older versions of Illustrator are no longer available in Creative Cloud due to Adobe policy. However, you may try the suggestion in this community post to install an older version.

Additionally, it is important to note that other third-party apps may also export DXF/DWG files using older AutoCAD libraries that may not open in Illustrator. If you encounter such files, please report them to the application that created them for a potential fix in future releases.

Thanks,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines