Welcome Dialog

Welcome to the Community!

We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.

Editing the startup default Symbols

Advocate ,
Oct 14, 2021 Oct 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can remember in very old versions of Illustrator like CS6 and so on, we can edit and modify the start up page, but now, in the earlier versions I cant find that Startup page.

What I am trying to do is modify the default symbols lybrary cause I need to include an specific Symbol that alwways appear in new and every document.

MarioArizmendi_0-1634229698970.png

Of course, I know I can save my own symbols library adn then open it and set it up as PERSISTENT, but that's not the point here, I need my especific Symbol always present in the default Symbols Panel.

TOPICS
How to, Performance, Scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What version of AI are we talking about? You'll need to modify the New Document Profile you use most to include the necessary Symbol.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am in Mac with 2019 version

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can create custom document profiles which contain the desired elements.

Have you already tried that?

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can do that by editing the New Document Profiles. If you don't know how to do that (or where they are to edit), refer to this article https://productivista.com/new-document-profiles-saves-your-default-settings/ 

— Adobe Certified Expert & Instructor at Noble Desktop | Web Developer, Designer, InDesign Scriptor

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dan and Kurt

The way she describes the process works well from new documents created after the edition, but if I open premade files it doesnt work.

Thanks any way, it was very informative

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Correct, that process is only for new files. For older files, or files created by other people and given to you, you'd have to add the symbols to that file's Symbols panel.

— Adobe Certified Expert & Instructor at Noble Desktop | Web Developer, Designer, InDesign Scriptor

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines