• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Elements on .AI file format are scattered and in clipping group

Community Beginner ,
Jan 03, 2022 Jan 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm the original artist of this file (left) then after sometime, other person edited it (right) then was sent back to me. 

Screenshot 2022-01-04 142732.png

I noticed the format changes from .ai to .AI then the grouped layers before were now scattered and in clipping group. This can make editing more time consuming and difficult.

Screenshot 2022-01-04 143029.png

I asked the sender and they confirmed that we have the same version of Illustrator. 

Can anyone help know how to prevent this from happening? 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jan 04, 2022 Jan 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

From your desscription it looks like the pdf part of the file is opened.

Did it look the same on the other persons computer? If not, ask if the file can be resend, but zip it first. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How will I know if that is the PDF part of file? I checked the file description, it says like this:

Rogielle5E7E_0-1641287366954.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If not changed, an Illustrator file contains 2 parts, the Illustrator part with everything needed for editing and the PDF part, needed for other apps like Photoshop and InDesign.

The PDF part does not contain all the elements needed for editing and is meant for representation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I asked others to open the same file. It still shows the same appearance/format. How can I prevent getting a file like this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I asked others to open the same file. It still shows the same appearance/format. How can I prevent getting a file like this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you please scroll to the top of the layer panel?

If others open that file, is it OK or is it not OK?

Please see this about Illustrator files: https://youtu.be/IpDh8Y7q8yE

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If the file you send was ok and the file they received was wrong, the file was damaged in transfer.

Same the other way around. Check who had the last correct file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines