• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Elliptical gradient

New Here ,
Jan 15, 2022 Jan 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to create an elliptical gradient with definite angles at each end such as the image below.

HenryCMillman_1-1642264536455.png

I started out with a path outline of the shape with an elliptical stroke in the center that ran beyond the shape at each end. I made the elliptical center stroke wide enough to fill the shape and assigned a gradient fill to it that would follow the direction of the elliptical stroke. Then I created a clipping mask using the path shape and the wide stroke. The clipping mask worked and everything looked good. I did not see the clipping mask path. The trouble began when I tried to edit the gradient. When I tried, the clipping mask path appeared as a gradient stroke and would not go away, as in the above image. I need the elliptical gradient with angled ends, but I do not want to see the clipping mask stroke. I have tried many different ways of going about this but cannot come up with a solution. Any ideas? Thank you in advance.   

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you select the clipping mask with the Direct Selection tool and give it a stroke of none?

Or use the Layers panel to select it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I prepared a sample video application and shared it.

Graphic Designer Educator / PrePress Consultant

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 16, 2022 Jan 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thsnk you very much for taking the time to make this helpful video. Much appreciated!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 16, 2022 Jan 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Adobe Community professionals for your helpful replies. I finally figured out what was going on once I started to think like a computer instead of a frustrated computer user. There turned out to be several issues. One, some of the imported Autocad lines were corrupted in some way and were not allowing the proper creation of the clipping mask. Once I erased those lines and replaced them with AI lines the clipping masks worked perfectly. Two, I was selecting incorrectly when I tried to edit the elliptical gradient. I was selecting the elliptical stroke and the mask instead of just the stroke. And three, which is another selection problem, my attempt to group all the gradients so they would edit as one entity was not possible. Once again I was picking the mask and the stroke when attempting to group which was doomed to fail. I then tried to group just the strokes, but it was not possible to group individual entities that were already inside separate groups. However, I find that I can globally edit the elliptical gradients by holding shift and selecting each stroke with the direct selection tool. Live and learn and think like a computer!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines