• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Embedded images disappear

New Here ,
Sep 28, 2022 Sep 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I imported a PDFX 4 file into an Illustrator Template, after embedding it some parts of the PDF disappear. The parts that disappear are with gradients, partly fonts and partly shapes. I tried to optimize my PDF with Acrobat, but this didn´t solve anything. Also I analyzed it with acrobat and nothing suspicios appeard. 

What could cause this problem?

TOPICS
Bug , Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you post a screen shot showing what the embedded pdf actually looks like both before and after embedding? Also please supply the exact version of Illustrator and operating system that you are using and as much description of your process in importing and embedding of the pdfs as possible.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Illustrator version is 26.5. and its a MacOS Monterrey 12.5
The process is as followed: we get the PDF file. We open an Ai Template (which practicaly just has a standarized size). Than we drag and drop the PDF file into Illustrator. Position the file centralized and then click embed.

Attached are the screenshots you asked for.

We personally don´t create those files, however it seems that there is a problem with this type of degrant. We got different files with different sizes, but almost the same art. This error occurs only with the gradient part you´ll see gets lost. 
I asked the people who generated this file for information about their Ai version, operating system and how it was exported. Also what exactly they did in this parts. As soon as I get this answer I´ll post it here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rather than dragging and dropping the pdf try File>Place and see if that makes a difference. Also, just to make sure that Illustrator is working properly try rasterizing the pdf (Object>Rasterize) using the High Resolution option before embedding.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 29, 2022 Sep 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If the PDF is rasterized it works without any problem. By just placing the PDF and embedding it, without rasterizing we get the same issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does Object > Flatten Transparency make a difference?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

By just flattening the PDF we get the same issue. Maybe this should be done in the original Illustrator file? And not in the PDF... I try to get the original to see if this works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where has the PDF been created in?

PDFs might contain object types that Illustrator doesn't understand. As Ton already wrote, flattening transparency might make a difference.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines