Embedded Profile Mismatch keeps popping up , blocking me from opening my file

New Here ,
Mar 01, 2022 Mar 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I seem to be having a sudden problem with a file that ive been working on.

All of a sudden the Embedded Profile Mismatch popup keeps coming up.

Ive had this popup before but just choosing an option and clicking okay 'solves' it, yet now i am completely blocked out of it since nothing i click seems to work and it keeps coming up endlessly and doesnt open my file.

I am really struggling to see how i am supposed to fix this?

I could really use the help since this is an important file ive been working on for days.

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Community Professional , Mar 01, 2022 Mar 01, 2022
If you choose Edit > Color Settings, are any of the options below selected? They will cause the message to appear. What do you have selected in the Settings at the top? That is a preset that controls all of the settings under it, so if it has changed, a different preset may enable those options, causing the message to appear. Make sure all of the options in Color Settings are the way you want them, and the message should only appear when you need it to (or not at all).

Translate

Translate
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Delphine5E38_0-1646173845616.png

It also seems to change what embedded profile its supposed to be ?

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you already reboot the computer?

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you choose Edit > Color Settings, are any of the options below selected? They will cause the message to appear.

Illustrator-Color-Settings-default.jpg

What do you have selected in the Settings at the top? That is a preset that controls all of the settings under it, so if it has changed, a different preset may enable those options, causing the message to appear.

Make sure all of the options in Color Settings are the way you want them, and the message should only appear when you need it to (or not at all).

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 02, 2022 Mar 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ticking of those boxes has made it possible to open the file!

I dont know how i missed it, probably because of the slight panic of not being able to acces it haha.

Thank you so much for the answer!

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines