Welcome Dialog

Welcome to the Community!

We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.

Embedding Linked File Expands to Box

New Here ,
Oct 18, 2021 Oct 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I frequently import PDFs into Illustrator (v. 25.4.1) as linked files in case I am missing fonts. I will then embed the links, or undo and flatten to outline font if I do not have the fonts. See below for the selected options:

PDF Import Options.png

I have been doing this with dozens of files a day since early 2019 with no issues. It pulls it in as such: Art Before Embedding.png

However, in the last week, embed seems to expand the art out to the bleed box, media box, or another unseen box. You can see here how it now sits on the artboard. This one appears to be to the bleed, but it definitely increased the size of the art.

Art After Embedding.png

The only way around it I've found without flattening is to deselect import pages as links, but then I run the risk of not having the fonts. Furthermore, when I place a PDF and select Show Import Options, it defaults to Crop to: Bleed. I was hoping that if I changed that to Media that embed would work properly. And it does, for just that one image. The imported ones that I opened in Illustrator by right-clicking the file did not.

I've searched through preferences to see if I am missing anything, but I can't see where anything has changed. Does anyone have any ideas or solutions?

TOPICS
Bug, Import and export, Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 31, 2021 Oct 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Apologies for the delayed response. Is your issue resolved? If not, would you mind sharing more information about your workflow? Do you see this behavior with a specific file? Also, please share a small video for better understanding.

This information would help us assist you accordingly.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 01, 2021 Nov 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello, thank you for the response! This issue is not resolved, but it does not appear to happen with every file. I will record and upload a screenshot video the next time I see it occur. 

Thank you!

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines