Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Eport logo with gradient to SVG

Explorer ,
Dec 16, 2022 Dec 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!

I'm fighting with this logo that has issues when I export it to SVG.
See attachements. The white stripes do'nt belong there.

Schermafbeelding 2022-12-16 om 15.22.53.png

Anyone has a solution or know why this is happening?
Thank you so much

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How did you create those shapes? In the SVG they have been split into raster images inside clipping paths, so presumably whatever it is, SVG doesn't support.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Doug,

We did receive this logo from our client. Thank you for your fast reply. So the best way is just start over I guess? Recreate the logo.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you receive it as an SVG, or as an AI file? If the latter, how is it constructed?

It might be best to recreate it, though it might be tricky finding a method that looks the same and works as SVG.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 17, 2022 Dec 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We did receive a EPS and a PDF format. I tried to redesign it exactly but it indeed won't look exactly the samen. The logo is broke haha.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The issue is that you appear to be using blending mode and transparency trickery to create the drop shape in the overlap area. It may simply require to be properly created as a separate object. In theory SVG can retain complex blending as editable data, though. It's just that AI is notoriously bad at it. I'm pretty sure Inkscape or Affinity would handle it correctly.

Mylenium 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 17, 2022 Dec 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for your answer Mylenium! I'll try this too!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines