May 26, 2022 May 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, guys, it's been a couple of months since I've downloaded an EPS file,

And when on the home screen it shows up like that

LanaSt_1-1653618446592.png

but when I open any of these files, this is what happens

LanaSt_2-1653618532424.pngLanaSt_3-1653618567283.png

I've tried everything I know, I even asked for help, but none of those who helped seems to know how to fix it.
It's not a mask, ctrl + shift +h don't work and ctrl + alt +3 neither.

TOPICS
Bug , Draw and design , Feature request , Import and export , Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @LanaSt, are you able to post the eps file for us to look at? Then I might be able to give a better answer.

EPS files usually have a raster image preview that is shown in the home screen and elsewhere, but unfortunately there are cases where this preview doesn't exactly match the real file's contents. Perhaps that has happened. Or it could be something else going on. EPS files are not as popular these days which is probably a good thing.

- Mark

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, sure!

Oh, I had no ideia EPS was no longer used, I'll convert them later then, but yeah, lemme know if you need another file

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. Well the bad news is that your eps file just has the four icons. However I can confirm that it does also contain a preview of all the others too, like you describe. I'm not sure, but I think this might be a bug in Illustrator when exporting a single artboard from a document with more artboards or more objects. Sorry I couldn't help.

- Mark

This is what I see in Illustrator after opening and closing your eps file.This is what I see in Illustrator after opening and closing your eps file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 27, 2022 May 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

See Mark's answer about the EPS. This happens quite frequently that the embedded preview doesn't reflect what's actually in the file.

Did you just download the file for free or did you pay for it? If the latter: complain to the seller that they should check this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines