Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Eraser tool erases parts of expanded shapes outside of where i click

New Here ,
Dec 13, 2021 Dec 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I've been drawing on illustrator using the blob brush tool and eraser tool, everything was going fine until suddenly the brush tool started deleting chunks outside of where I click.

I would erase a part of a shape from one end, then erase another at the second end, then the middle area (where I haven't clicked) gets erased as well.

How do I fix this problem and make the eraser tool erase accurately where I click only, and not remove parts of the shapes automatically.
Note: I have attached an image of the problem's process.

TOPICS
Performance , Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
New Here ,
Dec 13, 2021 Dec 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Edit

I've been drawing on illustrator using the blob brush tool and eraser tool, everything was going fine until suddenly the ERASER tool started deleting chunks outside of where I click.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,
Dec 14, 2021 Dec 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to repeat the problem but can't. Could you please share the file to test it on my AI example?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

On my system and AI version (Win 11, AI 26.0.2), everything works fine.

Looks like some disconnect between your input tool (pen or mouse) and the system.

Did you try to reset Preferences? 

Do you use a tablet pen or a mouse? If it's a pen, what are its settings? Does it work good in other applications?

What time ago did you restart the system? Some memory cleaning often helps in the strange situations like this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines