• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Error: Can't save the illustration. Not enough memory was available or an object was too complex.

New Here ,
May 19, 2023 May 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows 10

32GB Memory

Illustrator 2023

While trying to save EPS files to my desktop I receive this error.

I received a second error. I'll attach copies of both.

"Can't save the illustration. Not enough memory was available or an object was too complex."

I'm not sure how I can save the files.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you

TOPICS
How-to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
May 22, 2023 May 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you able to show the complexity of the files?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When saving an EPS, Illustrator has to flatten transparency. Maybe that is actually really complex?

Is it necessary that you save as EPS? Really?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What happens if you save the file as an AI or PDF? If one of those formats works you could then try saving that again as an EPS. However, please understand that EPS is a very old format that has not been updated in many years and may not be equal to the task of saving a very complex file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 23, 2023 May 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello @bernadetad55380485,

We understand that encountering technical issues can be frustrating. I hope the suggestions shared by Monika and Bill helped resolve the problem. If not, share more details, like the exact version of the OS/Illustrator, system config (CPU/GPU/Memory), a sample file (https://community.adobe.com/t5/illustrator-discussions/share-your-files-in-6-simple-steps/td-p/12967...), and a screen recording of the problem (https://community.adobe.com/t5/illustrator-discussions/screen-record-an-issue-on-windows-amp-macos-f...), as suggested by sishamIAGD so that we can investigate this further?

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Thanks,

Anubhav

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines