• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Error loading plugins/ Missing Plugins while launching Illustrator on Windows machine.

Community Beginner ,
May 21, 2020 May 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I've updated to  version 24.12 of CC Illustrator and am receiving a plugin error message (pictured below) when I launch the app. When I click OK and enter the app, my tool menu is missing. If someone can assist me in addressing this issue it would be appreciate. Thanks!

SarahWoren1980_0-1590090304027.png

{Renamed by MOD}

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , May 26, 2020 May 26, 2020

Hi All,

This has been reported by a few other users as well. Please try the steps shared on this help article (https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/kb/plugin-missing-issue.html) and let us know how it goes.

If you need help following these steps, please take look at this response (https://community.adobe.com/t5/illustrator/error-loading-plugins-while-launching-illustrator-2020-24-1-2/m-p/11153043#M178050)

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Jan 05, 2022 Jan 05, 2022

Hi there,

We are sorry about the trouble. We have consolidated the most popular solutions that help in fixing this issue. I would request you to please try the steps mentioned in this help article (https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/kb/plugin-missing-issue.html) and let us know how it goes.

Please feel free to reach out if you still need assistance. We'd be happy to help.

Thanks & Regards,
Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
replies 147 Replies 147
Community Expert ,
May 15, 2018 May 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please contact Customer Care

Contact Customer Care

They will need to log into your system to find out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
May 15, 2018 May 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Never get locked out of Illustrator! Fix Illustrator startup errors!

From the Adobe Help files, search for "SAFE MODE". I share Linkini.

Safe Mode for preferences when starting illustrator

Graphic Designer Educator / PrePress Consultant

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 05, 2022 Jan 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

We are sorry about the trouble. We have consolidated the most popular solutions that help in fixing this issue. I would request you to please try the steps mentioned in this help article (https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/kb/plugin-missing-issue.html) and let us know how it goes.

Please feel free to reach out if you still need assistance. We'd be happy to help.

Thanks & Regards,
Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 03, 2019 Jun 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm getting a loading plugins error when starting Adobe Illustrator, followed by an "operation cannot complete because of an unknown error"

prompt.

Capture.PNGCapture2.PNG

I have tried reinstalling both Ai and CC and restarting in all possible orders, I've deleted ALL Adobe folders in AppData, reset preferences. Reinstalled C++ redistributeables since 2005, deleted Adobe folders in Program Files. Nothing seems to be working.

Illustrator does start but the panels and plugins do not show.

Just a blank Ai window opens. Some of the plugins can be shown manually but the other panels and the plugins mentioned in the error are unusable .

I have also tried using the Creative Cloud Cleaner tool but that also did not work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 03, 2019 Jun 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moving this query to Illustrator​ community, experts here will be able to help you better.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Thanks & Regards,
Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 24, 2019 Oct 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Illustrator is not loading...I have an "Error loading plugins. CharParaStyles.aip" error. It gives me an option to run in safe mode but it will crash and quit when I start working. How do I fix this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 25, 2019 Oct 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which version? Which system? Is this a fresh install?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not a fresh install...I have been running it on the same PC for years. I am not in front of the machine right now but I would guess it is the most current version of the CC since those update automatically right? I always assumed they did 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They don't necessarily update automatically.

You could try if rebuilding the preferences helps:

https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/using/setting-preferences.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Thanks & Regards,
Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 30, 2018 Jun 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay guys, I feel like I've searched everywhere...

Illustrator is failing to execute the original plugins and extensions, and I can't find any forum, or video to help. It will eventually start itself in safe mode, but i'm not able to do anything after I start a new document. I believe that something is blocking the extensions from loading, but I have no idea where else to look.

Here's what I've tried,

1. Completely uninstalled Illustrator, and CC

2. Ran the CC cleaner and reinstalled all of CC and Illustrator

3. Updated all C++ files

4. Made sure Nvidia is updated

5. Disabled my firewalls

6. Tried running everything in admin mode

(Yes my computer meets all system requirements of CC and Illustrator, before this issue with illustrator I was running CC and Photoshop just fine in the past. Also, I haven't installed any third party extensions or plugins, so to my knowledge, I haven't done anything to corrupt or change any original files.)

I've had this problem from the start, I know you guys have felt this helpless frustration... Any and all help is appreciated, I just don't know where else to look.

Thank You in advance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I assume you're working on Windows? Which one?

Did you already rebuild the preferences?

Did you have a trial version installed? Or maybe a previous version of Illustrator?

Can you please post the exact error message?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply...

Rebuild the preferences as in holding ctrl + alt + shift when launching? If so then yes I have tried that, and no this version is the first and only version that has ever been on my computer.

I'll post a screenshot tonight, but as its starting it stops on

Initializing plugins... illustrator.exe, and then pops up with an error message telling me all of the plugins and extensions it cannot load. Then an Adobe message pops up saying

This operation cannot complete because of an unknown error [CANT]

and then a second...

Some plugins have been updated. You will need to relaunch Illustrator for the changes to take effect.

The thing is... nothing is updating, and I get that message every time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 01, 2018 Jul 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Forgot to say windows 10

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 01, 2018 Jul 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would recommend that you contact support.

Contact Customer Care

You need to be logged in and then at the bottom of the page there is a chat option.

They can log into your system to check things out. I don't see a troubleshooting method you haven't already tried.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 06, 2018 Jul 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I appreciate you trying to help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 06, 2018 Jul 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does anyone know of any programs or files that would interfere with illustrator loading?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Thanks & Regards,
Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 08, 2020 Oct 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just started using the software and constantly get this error. Ive tried to repair C++, removed and reinstalled, edited Adobe files listed from other similar issues, and NO fix. PS, Ive NEVER installed any 3rd party plugins either.

{Renamed by MOD}

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 08, 2020 Oct 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could those be third party plugins?

In that case: please ask their producer if they are compatible with that version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 09, 2020 Oct 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about this. I'd recommend removing the existing installation of Adobe Illustrator using Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool. Once done, please reinstall the app and let us know how it goes.

Looking forward to your response.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 16, 2020 Oct 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, Ill try that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Thanks & Regards,
Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 03, 2018 Jun 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using windows 10 latest version and using the creative cloud, facing issues in the latest version, I am unable to solve them. Please help me, anyone. I have tried in different ways, Installed MSVCP110.DLL, Uninstall ADOBE Creative Cloud SETUP AND Reinstalled. Checked all updates in windows 10, Paused antivirus also. Stopped the firewall.  Still, it’s not working Please help me in case if I missed anything.

error-illustrator-aip-plugins-screen.jpg

error-illustrator-aip-plugins-screen2.jpg

error-illustrator-aip-plugins-screen3.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines