• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Error occurred while processing the appearance of an object (using new 3D effects)

New Here ,
Nov 25, 2021 Nov 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I'm trying out the new 3D options in Illustrator (Tech. preview) and all I am getting is the error:

"An error occurred while processing the appearance of an object"

As you can see the object is just a rectangle.

Is there something I'm not doing correctly?

Dave

TOPICS
Bug , Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

New Here , Nov 25, 2021 Nov 25, 2021

It looks like I found a solve for this in the feedback section of the Tech Preview.

It seems that I needed to change my Colour Settings (Edit > Colour Settings) to anything else - it was set as Emulate Illustrator 6

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner , Apr 27, 2022 Apr 27, 2022

Hi There,
I'm not sure if it's still helpful for someone, but it looks like the problem is  if your shape is Compound path.
I suppose, it's hard to calculate 3D with this. (if not impossible 🙂
I had the same problem, and it's gone when I just grouped shapes instead of merging with Path-Finder.
Hope it helps

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
New Here ,
Jan 04, 2023 Jan 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screenshot (93).png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you see the first answer in this thread?

https://community.adobe.com/t5/illustrator-discussions/error-occurred-while-processing-the-appearanc...

Set your colour settings to something other than 'Emulate Illustrator 6' and try again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

still facing the same problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Someone might have to take a look into your system. Please contact Customer Care. They can do that. https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html

Chat is in the bottom right.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you turn that on and set it to one of the Default settings that match your region (instead of Emulate Illustrator 6)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it is showing only two options.Screenshot (94).png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would try to reset preferences in that case. There should be a list of settings.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 26, 2023 Jun 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

work use this way

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm seeing Chrome in your taskbar. It eats RAM for breakfast, lunch and supper. Can you close it? Also After Effects and Photoshop.

While 16 GB of RAM should be enough for creating simple 3D objects, it's still not plenty.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 07, 2023 Jan 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You uninstall and then install again. thank you I was waiting to know the result.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 07, 2023 Jan 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is very simple. I uninstalled and reinstalled. Everything will be fine. thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 20, 2023 Dec 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, facing this issue. Hesitant to post here as Adobe has NEVER resolved one of my tickets. I have read the entire thread and tried all suggestions. 

Please note, I use this feature daily and it just randomly stopped working. Any advice? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 20, 2023 Dec 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm on my 4th or 5th crash now...any help?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 21, 2023 Dec 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@Jess28445320xylc  schrieb:

Please note, I use this feature daily and it just randomly stopped working. Any advice? 

Which tickets are you referring to? Posting in this forum does not create a "ticket". 95% of participants here are volunteers. We try to help in or spare time.

Please tell us exactly in which way it fails. And also how much RAM and which machine do you have? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines