• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Error when copy & paste from AI to PSD

Community Beginner ,
Dec 19, 2018 Dec 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I get this error when copying anything form AI into PSD: Could not complete the Paste command because the clipboard data is empty or invalid.

Tried coping & pasting from AI to ID & was unsuccessful.

Copy and pasted form AI to XD was successful.

Tried multiple files, new & old.

Restarted computer.

Quit all programs and reopened.

Updated all programs.

Updated MacOS.

Uninstalled all programs & reinstalled.

Reset preferences on AI.

Shut computer down completely.

Cleared Caches.

Nothing seems to work? SOS

macOS Sierra 10.12.6

AI 23.01

PSD 20.0.1

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Beginner ,
Apr 19, 2021 Apr 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Whiehoe! This works perfect for now.

Thx Antionia! This will be a positive day 😉

Cheers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 17, 2022 Sep 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried this but still I full negative energy 😞 It's still not working... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 19, 2021 Apr 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great tip, thank you! I am new working with the adobe cloud versions, and I was getting mad with this clipboard problem. Down-dated Photoshop has you sugested and it works perfectly! 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 24, 2021 May 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked for me! Thanks!! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 07, 2021 Jun 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here, I have the same problem when pasting a simple smart vector object into Photoshop 22.4.1 on M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jun 20, 2021 Jun 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tengo el mismo problema y me ha demorado mucho el trabajo, esperaba mejorar mi rendimiento con el chip M1, lamentablementepor ahora no es así y estoy ansiosa porque quede resuelto este problema con alguna actualización de Adobe, por favor.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jun 20, 2021 Jun 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 14, 2022 Jan 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was having the same problem, then I realized my RGB color mode was set back to 8 Bits/Channel. It needs to be on 32 Bits/Channel, it won't paste on 16 either. I must have opened an older photo at some point and it changed somehow. Once I changed this back, copy and paste from Illustrator to Photoshop was back in business!!!

Screen Shot 2022-01-14 at 11.16.54 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 17, 2022 Sep 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a group of designs. I get the objects in the group when I paste them one by one, but when I paste them as a group, I encounter the same problem. it's really incredibly stupid! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 11, 2023 Oct 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It may not be the best solution, but after many frustrating attempts, I just saved the element as a PNG with a transparent background and then dragged the PNG into PS. It's not optimal but it worked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines