Error when pasting complex vectors from Illustrator to Photoshop 23.0.2

New Here ,
Nov 29, 2021 Nov 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For the last few months, I have been receiving an error:

"Could not complete the Paste command because the clipboard data is empty or invalid."

when attempting to paste any complex vectors (with clipping masks) from Iluustrator to Photoshop.

Both programs are updated to the current version (23.0.2 at this time) and are running on MBP 2019 running Monterey V12.0.1 using 2.6 GHz 6 core i7 with 16 gb DDR4 and an AMD Radeon Pro 5300M 4 GB graphics card.

Note, using both pixels or smart object results in the same error.

Screen Shot 2021-11-29 at 10.36.55 AM.pngScreen Shot 2021-11-29 at 10.37.24 AM.png

TOPICS
Bug , Import and export , Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try the new layers feature.

If that does not help, please post a screenshot of what your Ilustrator contents look like.

Do test of copy and pastes with less items to figure out what it might not like, for example symbols or gradient mesh, or maybe an old outdated font technology like type 1.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Screen Shot 2021-11-29 at 10.51.32 AM.png

So this is just a for instance that I've noticed the most frequency with. Any files I'm using that have a jpg clipping mask attached. This has been most prevelant when using client logos that utilize something simmilar to the attached picture. I can work around this by creating a separate illustrator file and then placing the file within the photoshop document as either a linked or embedded file. However, attempting to paste or drag directly between documents is where the error is appearing.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines