Error while saving "converting text objects with variable fonts and color" in Illustrator on macOS

New Here ,
Aug 30, 2022 Aug 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Illustrator (22 v. 26.5) has been running terribly lately on my 64GB M1 Max (Monterey). I'm getting a "converting text objects with variable fonts and color.... save will continue in the background" message when saving, despite not using fonts in the file. I've also been getting a "generating preview" message constantly when moving groups, but it doesn't last nearly as long as the save message. Is anyone else having issues like this? Any ideas how to fix this? It's really slowing me down.

TOPICS
Bug , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 05, 2022 Sep 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

We are sorry to hear about the trouble you are facing. Would you mind confirming if this is happening in some specific files or all?
Also, are there PNG files embedded in the document? Would it be possible for you to share the file with us? We'll check at our end.

We are here to help. We need more information. Looking forward to your response.

Thanks & Regards,

Anshul Saini

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 19, 2022 Sep 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have this too on 2 files so far: the error message even seems to have a typo in it, or is incomplete; it says "Converting text objects with variable fonts and colored" 

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 19, 2022 Sep 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @paulc4500070,

We are sorry for the trouble. Would you mind confirming if this is happening while saving the file as an Illustrator Cloud document or on the Creative Cloud files folder? Also, does this happen while resaving the same file as "Save As"? If yes, then the issue should be replicable with the same file on our end as well. In that case, it would be really helpful for us if any one of you could package the file and then share a download link to the package folder here or via DM with me for investigation. 

Also, would you mind confirming your system specifications and the exact version of the OS?

I will be looking forward to your response.

Thanks & Regards,

Anshul Saini

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 20, 2022 Sep 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi There, I sent you 2 DM's

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 22, 2022 Sep 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @paulc4500070,

Thanks for DM'ing me. I have replied back to the DM. Please kindly check and revert.

Regards,

Anshul Saini

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines