• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Event for artboard selection

Community Beginner ,
Jan 28, 2022 Jan 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm currently writing an extension for Illustrator (2022) and I have the requirement to listen for the changing of the active artboard through an event, e.g. onActiveArtboardChange.

I can currently fetch the active artboard no problem, but I cannot find an event to listen with to see when this changes. The context is that I have an application which needs to display the active artboard name in the panel.

Is there an event I could utilise for this use case?

TOPICS
Scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Jan 28, 2022 Jan 28, 2022

Hi,

You can try ART_SELECTION_CHANGED event. This event fired everytime when you select anything on the artboard.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner , Jan 28, 2022 Jan 28, 2022

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction @Charu Rajput!

I managed to find the JS files here in order to access the ART_SELECTION_CHANGED event.

I also had to install the AI Host Adapter plugin in order to get the event to fire.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

You can try ART_SELECTION_CHANGED event. This event fired everytime when you select anything on the artboard.

Best regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great, thanks! Where might I download Host Adapter JS file? I see you mentioned here in this similar thread.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction @Charu Rajput!

I managed to find the JS files here in order to access the ART_SELECTION_CHANGED event.

I also had to install the AI Host Adapter plugin in order to get the event to fire.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines