• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Expanding problem in illustrator

New Here ,
Mar 01, 2023 Mar 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I look in outline mode behind my swatch there is a grid of boxes over my design. How do I get rid of this because it causes problems 

Alice 

TOPICS
Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So you applied a swatch to a shape and then expanded it? Was that a pattern swatch? If yes: then this is as designed. The boxes are clipping masks.

If it should have been just a solid color then most probably you created it the wrong way. In order to create a color swatch, do not drag an object into the swatches panel.

Expanding a pattern and cleaning up afterwards: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wUxEJKAzQKo

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A Pattern Swatch expanded?

This is normal behaviour, you need to manually remove them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please show what you mean and be specific about the problems it causes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello @AliceChute,

I'm glad you reached out for assistance. Could you please describe the specific workflow you're trying to set up and share a screen recording (https://community.adobe.com/t5/illustrator-discussions/screen-record-an-issue-on-windows-amp-macos-f...), that would be very helpful in allowing us to provide the most effective assistance possible? We're here to help you, and we appreciate your patience as we work together to resolve your issue.

Thanks,

Anubhav

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines