• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Export for Screen>Export to folder defaults to weird folder

Community Beginner ,
Nov 02, 2022 Nov 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! I'm exporting svgs from library items using Export for Screens. Every time I open the Export for Screens window it sets the Export to folder to a weird location inside a hidden folder in the system instead of saving the last location I had set. This only happens with library items. If I do it from an .ai or svg file it shows the location where that file is stored. It is very annoying to set the correct location every single time. 

Thank you for your help!

TOPICS
Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 03, 2022 Nov 03, 2022

Option drag the item from the library to an artboard and export that. Option drag will give you the vector paths, rather than going to the library time as a placed image. You can see the difference if you go into outline mode and compare both.

MikeGondek_0-1667483397299.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Nov 03, 2022 Nov 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So this only happens with item form CC libraries? Other items are fine? Could you describe the steps so someone could try and reproduce it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 29, 2022 Nov 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Monika. Sorry for not answering earlier. I'll post the solution I found as a comment in another answer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Actually, I found a temporary solution that I describe under MikeGondek's answer, but the right answer is the one he provided 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 03, 2022 Nov 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Option drag the item from the library to an artboard and export that. Option drag will give you the vector paths, rather than going to the library time as a placed image. You can see the difference if you go into outline mode and compare both.

MikeGondek_0-1667483397299.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mike. That works perfectly, thank you very much!! The first time I tried it, it didn't work so well because first I dragged it to the canvas and then I tried to resize it and it did weird stuff to the paths. I just discovered that I need to set the right size before releasing the mouse and that way it will mantain the proportions. At the time, my solution was to double click the library item and copy paste the art to a new file, but your method is way faster. Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 28, 2022 Nov 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have any of the suggestions provided helped you. Please update your post so we know if you need further assistance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines