• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Export for screens Messing up images

Community Beginner ,
Feb 22, 2022 Feb 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This used to work just fine, but the last few months when ever I use"export for screens" the images are exported with distortions (See attachements). If I export the files individually it exports correctly . Which is fine when is just a couple of images but I need to expor 200+ banners so it takes more time to export than actually bulding the banners. Please fix this.

TOPICS
Feature request , Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When exporting which settings do you use in each of the methods?

I suppose when exporting the images one by one you do not use Export for screens, but instead ...?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In "save for screens", I've tried, type otimized, art optimized, and none. All of them with and without interlaced, and all in jpg and png.

For individual ones, I do "save for web" type or art optimized depending on the banner. Sometimes jpg sometimes png24 depending on the size specs

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 24, 2022 Mar 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Monika Gause 
The issue continues, Im trying to export an image as png or jpg and it looks terrible, and these are vectors 

This is how it looks  in illustrator.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

JPEG and PNG are NOT vector formats.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no need to be rude. What I meant is that everything on the source file is vector, so there shouldn't be any problem when exporting. I'm trying to get help from the experts on the software, one would expect better from Adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

to maintain the quality, Select 2x or 3x from scale when exporting for screen 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Your original post was about Export for Screens, but here you've shown Save for Web, with anti-aliasing turned off (which looks as I would expect).

What settings did you use in Export for Screens for your original problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are differences in size and alpha channel. What else? Anti-aliasing method, Type or Art optimized?  8 bit or png 24?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply. The only setting that seems to allow anti-aliasing is type optimized. Im not sure where are the alpha channels I've never used them in illustrator only in photoshop. I didn't have this issue before, and I haven't changed any settings.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As you can see, you can also select Art Optimized for Anti-aliasing.

And when choosing Transparent, an Alpha channel will be created to preserve transparency.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines