• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Export only from artboard when using Asset Export

Engaged ,
Apr 02, 2023 Apr 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When using export, you can select an artboard checkbox to not include elements that bleed off the page.

However when using the asset export (i want to export lots of things to different resolutions and re-export after any updates), it doesn't crop, and I can't see a setting to do that.

This means exporting everything one at a time, which is a real pain.

I referred to this post: https://community.adobe.com/t5/illustrator-discussions/export-only-what-s-inside-artboard/td-p/12176...

TOPICS
Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Apr 03, 2023 Apr 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can add your individual assets to the Asset Export panel and use the Export for Screens option to add Artboards.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

However that exports areas outside the artboard...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How is it set up?

How does your file look?

What gets exported?

Please show screenshots.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First picture shows an artboard in AI with objects that go outside the board.

I use alt + drag to export selected objects using the aset export panel so I can export many combinations of elements, in a range of formats and sizes, all in one go, and do so again when anything changes.

2023-04-03 Objects outside Artboard.jpg

Here is the output of the export....  there is no clipping of the artboard area.

2023-04-03 asset export.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is what I get when I add the objects to asset panel, but when I go to export for screens I can have both, the asset export panel assets and the clipped artboard export.

Screenshot 2023-04-03 at 13.53.57.pngScreenshot 2023-04-03 at 13.53.51.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cannot reproduce that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay, so I had understood that the file menu option export for screens only exported the current view.  I see it has an assets tab, which appears to pick up what is in the asset export pane.

Not very intuitive, that you add things to export pane, then go to a menu option, and then select "assets" in order to select the thing you put in the asset pane, when click export in the pain itself does something different....

But at least I know how to do it now, thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Good to hear it helped. But you are right, it would have been better if the Asset Panel also had an Artboard option.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines