• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Export svg shape with stroke rotate

New Here ,
Apr 12, 2023 Apr 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to export a shape with dashed line in illustartor. When I export this to svg the shape is rotating. Does anyone know how I can fix this problem? 

this is the shape I made in illustrator (Just the dashed line is rotated, the icon is the same)

Elearning26906606qa80_0-1681297212894.png

this is how the svg is exported

Elearning26906606qa80_1-1681297247773.png

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please show the settings for the dashed line.

The SVG file format itself might not fully support all of Illustrator's dashed lin e options. On top opf that it will depend on the displaying application's rendering capabilities how the SVG gets displayed.

Just incase you are opening the SVG again in Illustrator: don't. SVG is not meant to be used as a work file in Illustrator. It's an export format.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The settings for the dashed line, it is in dutch but hopefully you can compair it with the english version. I can't switch illustrator to english unfortunately.

Elearning26906606qa80_0-1681300844865.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The dashes are adjusted to the length of the line and I don't think that this is supported by SVG.

You could try the exact setting. Maybe it works better.

No problem with the language. I wanted to see buttons pressed. And also: I'm used to it. Just leaving this here incase you can use it some time: https://www.vektorgarten.de/illustrator-polyglott.html (Illustrator terminology in 13 languages)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And what is the exact setting? What do I need to change for that? 

Ah perfect thank you for the terminology!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It's the buttom vto the right of "Onderbroken lijn"

Bildschirmfoto 2023-04-12 um 15.14.57.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines