Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Export to Dxf on Windows

New Here ,
Dec 02, 2021 Dec 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone, 

I have a file to export from Illustrator in Dxf format, but when I go to "export as" it only gives me 5 choices:

- txt

- jpg

- png

- psd

- svg

- tiff
How to export to Dxf format?
I am using Illustrator version 2022 (v26.0.1)

Thanks and have a good day

TOPICS
Feature request , Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 03, 2021 Dec 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about your experience. Could you please share a few more details like:

• What is the size of your canvas?
  • Is this happening while exporting a specific file?
  • Could you please share this file with us? You can upload it to the Creative Cloud, dropbox, google drive, or any other similar service and share the download link here or via DM. We'll check it at our end.

We are here to help. We just need more information.

Thanks & Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 10, 2022 Jan 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've seen this asked 100 different ways in the lasy year.  DOES ILLUSTRATOR OUTPUT TO DXF?  Simple freaking question.  I have updated Illustrator and CANNOT output dxf's.  DOES ILLUSTRATOR OUTPUT TO DXF?

We absolutely need an honest answer to this question, because if it cannot and it seems as if it DOES NOT WORK WITH AUTOCAD files in or out, we will need to find other software that can.  Please provide us with an adequate answer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>>>We absolutely need an honest answer to this question, 

Darn... and here I was ready to lie...

Yes, Illustrator EXPORTS to DXF and DWG. (AutoCAD should export to AI too.)

image.png

image.png

David Creamer: Community Expert (ACI and ACE 1995-2023)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

AI Export options.PNG

 I no longer have those options available...  Past releases worked.  I am unsure when it stopped working, but it has been over a year since the release that apperently did work and we can no longer revert to release 25.0

Also.  I am a windows user, not MAC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If the options which you should have are not available as they should be, then answering the questions posed (to a previous questioner) by the Adobe employee earlier in this thread might help shed some light on what is going wrong in your particular case.

• What is the size of your canvas?
  • Is this happening while exporting a specific file?
  • Could you please share this file with us? You can upload it to the Creative Cloud, dropbox, google drive, or any other similar service and share the download link here

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No need to shout. 

This is an easily goggle-searched question. 

(I am using Illustrator 26.0.1; the DXF option can be found in Export > Export as... under the file menu.)

Screen Shot 2022-01-10 at 12.13.36 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

jmcbride_0-1641836909789.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are still trying to Save the file. Please explore the Export option.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you look at the screencap you can see that it is an export.  I truly know that I need to EXORT and not SAVE AS ...  I am not trying to save as.  I cannot export as a .DXF.

My steps are

File, Export, Export as and I have the available files for export in the above screencap.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The screenshots from David Creamer indicate he is on Windows as well. Which version of Windows and what version of AI are you using?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines