Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Exported file is distorted form Illustrator

New Here ,
Jun 13, 2022 Jun 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I am trying to export multiple files with different dimensions (banners), every file is made on a different artboard.

The problem I am having (working on MacBook Pro M1) is that the file when exported is distorted no matter what I do.

I tried resizing the images in the needed dimension in Photoshop (from bigger to smaller) than continuing my work in Illustrator, and again the file (jpeg, png, tif - doesn't matter what form) looks very distorted.

Does anyone have any idea what might be the problem?

TOPICS
Bug , Draw and design , Import and export , Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 22, 2022 Jun 22, 2022

JPEG and PNG are raster format and therefore you should expect pixels in them. You also cannot expect to be able to zoom in.

You might want to show screenshots of what you mean.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you show us what is happening to the files? What are the purpose of the final file? Print? Web? Just a bit more detail if you can. Is this something that has only just strated happening or it always been like this..?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The final files are for web, they are web banners. I tried saving for web, exporting as jpeg, png, even tiff.. and I still have the problem.

This has never happened before, I've been working in this industry for over 12 years, and now I feel like I don't know anything... and it's very frustriting.

I am attaching a preview file (300x250px). I know the issue is somewhere with the raster of the images, but as I said I tried fixing the issue in photoshop (resize the image in the desired dimesions) and the issue remains...

Whats even more surprising is that even the logos are distorted..

I will be forever gratefull if you have any advice..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A bit stupid question, but:
- what were the artboard dimensions (in pixels)?

- what was the export resolution settings?

Generally, when we set the artboard dimension pixels and export with 72 PPI, everything goes well. 
but if the dimensions are in points, it may work not so good.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The artboard dimensions were 300x250px, the same size I need. I will mention again that this happens with whatever dimension I make...

The export resolution settings are 72ppi.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What do you mean with "distorted"? Looks OK to me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. Does ANY image look distorted? On your preview the background looks much better than the watch. Are they different files? If yes, may it be that you edited the watch and did not update the link?

2. What is the original files resolution? 

3. Another stupid question: this banner does not have many vector elements; maybe would be simpler to create it (and the similar ones) directly in Photoshop?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 22, 2022 Jun 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having this same issue! Any jpeg or png that I export is pixilated and it does not matter what I do or how I export it. Vectors files that I've exported have been completely fine though. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

JPEG and PNG are raster format and therefore you should expect pixels in them. You also cannot expect to be able to zoom in.

You might want to show screenshots of what you mean.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

JPEGs and PNGs are made of pixels.

If you think they are the incorrect size or there is something unexpected going on, please share details of the size of the AI artboards, you export settings, the images themselves, and what you expect them to look like in a new topic.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines