• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Exported JPEG file as the wrong EMBEDDED META DOCUMENT NAME

Participant ,
Jan 14, 2022 Jan 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I export a JPEG from an illustrator document called TEST. I can rename the JPEG file as whatever I want. BUT when I then import that file into any Wordpress website it uses the embedded meta "Document Title" Which is usually NOT the title of the actual document.

I can laboriously go through all the documents in Photoshop > File Info > Basic > Document Title and delete this but it's hardly the best solution.

Where is Illustrator getting this incorrect information - usually from a previous version of the file name.

I have tried doing a save-as in Illutrator but doesn't make any difference. 

I have looked everywhere for the illusive wrong title in all of Illustrator's panels and settings and can't find it.

Do you have any idea how I stop this?

TOPICS
Bug , Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is a script for Bridge that lets you select multiple files and apply the filename to the document title field.

https://imagesimple.wordpress.com/2011/08/24/cs5-filename-to-title-script/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. But all I want to do is REMOVE the meta Document Name so that Wordpress reads the file name instead.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If Wordpress uses the metadata name, this should work, the script sets the metadata name to the file name.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines