Exported Stroke Dashed Line with 'Type Optimized' anti-aliasing for 1 px Not Appearing in .png

New Here ,
Jan 24, 2019 Jan 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a 1 px Stroke DASHED Line in a .AI file

When I export the 1 px Stroke DASHED line to a .png with 'Type Optimized' anti-aliasing...the 1 px Stroke DASHED Line does NOT show up in the exported .png

BUT

When I export the 1 px Stroke DASHED line to a .png with 'Art Optimized' anti-aliasing...the 1 px Stroke DASHED Line DOES show up in the exported .png...but now the Text on my .png is of much lower Quality.

How can I export a 'Type Optimized' .png AND get the 1 px Stroke DASHED line to show up?

1/24/2019 Edit:

Version: Adobe Illustrator CC 2019

1/24/2019 Edit:

Talked to Customer Service Rep. They said my file was corrupted and told me to create a new file and copy everything over to the new file. I did that and it exported the 1 px Stroke DASHED lines Correctly.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Community Professional , Jan 24, 2019 Jan 24, 2019
Smells like a bug.One possible workaround is to select the dashed line(s) and apply the Effect > Path > Outline Stroke effect.Then try to export again with the Type Optimized setting.

Translate

Translate
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Smells like a bug.

One possible workaround is to select the dashed line(s) and apply the Effect > Path > Outline Stroke effect.

Then try to export again with the Type Optimized setting.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yup looks like your Solution works, as well as the Customer Service Rep's Solution in the Edit of the OP. Thanks.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As for your second edit note: I still think it's a bug, at least in conjunction with horizontal and vertical dashed lines.

To reproduce:

- Type some text

- Draw some horizontal and vertical 1 pt dashed lines

- Export as .png with the Type Optimized setting (no matter what export route you are using)

Now, take a look at the exported .png files.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 04, 2022 Jan 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm guessing it's more than a bug, as two years later I'm having the same issue.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 20, 2022 May 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I spent hours yesterday trying to figure out what was wrong - both AI 2022 and AI 2021 cannot export my dashed lines in PNGs. If the same line is solid, it will appear. Wasted so much time. I gave up and switched to SVGs to get the job moving along.  So frustrating.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines