• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

exporting artwork in Illustrator

New Here ,
Dec 16, 2022 Dec 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am converting artwork to grayscale in Illustrator and exporting it to use in another program. What is the best way to export a high resolution k only file? My current files are rather large... Thanks!

TOPICS
Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 16, 2022 Dec 16, 2022

File > Export > Export As... allows to choose greyscale jpeg and set the quality and resolution.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your post doesn't make a lot of sense if you don't explain the actual requirements. A "k only" file can mean anything from exporting a separation as a bitmap or greyscale image or prepping a vector file specifically. And of course "high resolution" is just as vague. You need to be much more specific and provide exact specs.

Mylenium 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

File > Export > Export As... allows to choose greyscale jpeg and set the quality and resolution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmmm... I thought I tried that and it wasn't 100% black. It does work now!!! Thanks!

When I try to change my scanned file to grayscale by going through Edit>Edit Colors>Convert to Grayscale, why is my Convert to Grayscale option grayed out?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is everything you need to convert selected? You need to have at least one selection active for the recolor artwork option to be available.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, my drawing is selected. I didn't have any trouble with those options graying out for me till today- 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah! I didn't even think about the simplest answer. 😁

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is your artwork is only grayscale, or do you need to convert it in grayscale before export?
The way you spell it (saying K) implies that you need to create a separation (as in creating a separation for each colour in screenprinting for example)

There are plenty of info that are missing from your post in order to truly understand your problem.
( CMYK, or spot colours if it's not grayscale before export)

In case you only want to know if you can export only a single colour without manipulating the artwork first, then the answer is no. Exporting (in PDF, JPEG, PNG and whatnot) will only export what you see, the only exception would be having the choice of wanting to include everything or only specific artboards.

If you can clarify, I think it will be easier!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines