• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Exporting for Acrobat Pro DC

New Here ,
Aug 25, 2022 Aug 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to export an illustrator document to be editable in Acrobat Pro DC. When I export it as a high-quality PDF, with illustrator editing capabilities clicked, the file opens in Acrobat with some of the textboxes broken up into individual lines. How do I avoid this from happening? Also, if it's not possible to correct, is there a better way to export easily editable files for a client that doesn't have illustrator?

TOPICS
Import and export , Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Aug 25, 2022 Aug 25, 2022

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out. I agree with what Monika & Mylenium has said & suggested. However, in case you are still using the same workflow you have described, then ensure you have the latest Adobe Acrobat & Illustrator. While saving as PDF, select the Illustrator default preset (unless you need this for printing, then select High-quality Print). Then choose compatibility Acrobat 8 (PDF 1.7) and uncheck Preserve Illustrator Editing Capabilities to avoid saving the Illustrator resources

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Illustrator editing capabilities" has nothing to do with the editing in Acrobat.

Please see this about Illustrator files: https://youtu.be/IpDh8Y7q8yE

You and your client won't be happy with workflows like that. The typesetting in Acrobat will always be mediocre at best. And if they edit something in Acrobat you won't be able to take the file back into Illustrator.

Better: Use the Share for Review feature. Have them make their annotations and then you finalize the artwork.

Illustrator has a special way of saving native files. You should know this in order to be able to set the correct options and to recover some of your artwork when things go wrong. More info about saving files in Illustrator Saving safely: http://vektorgarten.de/illustrator-saving-safely.html ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In a day and age where everyone has access to a free basic document editing software via Google Docs or Microsoft Office 365 that sounds liek the most clunky workflow imaginable. So there's basically your answer. Create a template for your client with the graphics imported from Illustrator, define the text objects in the office apps. Same for free locally installed office suites Like Libre Office or other free graphics/ page layout tools like Inkscape and Scribus. Point in case: There's plenty of options, but none of them are PDF based and require you to put in extra work to learn these tools and create foolproof templates in them.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out. I agree with what Monika & Mylenium has said & suggested. However, in case you are still using the same workflow you have described, then ensure you have the latest Adobe Acrobat & Illustrator. While saving as PDF, select the Illustrator default preset (unless you need this for printing, then select High-quality Print). Then choose compatibility Acrobat 8 (PDF 1.7) and uncheck Preserve Illustrator Editing Capabilities to avoid saving the Illustrator resources along with the document as you intend to edit the PDF in Acrobat later. Also this will result in a small-size PDF as well.

I hope this helps!

Regards.

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 02, 2022 Sep 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

These save preferences along with changing the font I was using has fixed my problem. Thanks for your great advice.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 09, 2022 Sep 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Glad to hear that. Please feel free to reach out if you run into any other questions or issues in the future. We'd be happy to help. Thanks!

Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines