• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Exporting Illustrator files for Instagram

Contributor ,
Jul 05, 2019 Jul 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, i'm exporting a logo i made in illustrator, and want to post it on Instagram, I've looked around but there seems to be conflicting answers regarding size, format, resolution etc. Any advice would be much appreciated

Screen Shot 2019-07-05 at 17.47.01.png

{Renamed by MOD}

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 06, 2019 Jul 06, 2019

Here are the document sizes for Instagram: Instagram Image Size: The Right Image Size for 2019

You don't need to care about ppi, since only pixel dimensions matter.

Try PNG and if it doesn't work, try JPEG with different compressions

All social media services will further compress your images.

All of them will change constantly. So what is true about image sizes today might not apply tomorrow.

The compression they apply will have different effect on different types of images (e.g. it might look horr

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 05, 2019 Jul 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out. Here is a similar discussion and a tutorial which might help you to create a logo for Instagram:

Sizing my logo for Instagram profile

How to Create a Logo in Illustrator |

Let us know if that helps or if you need any further assistance.

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jul 06, 2019 Jul 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the reply, it's somewhat helpful, but still doesn't tell me anything about file format, dpi and whether to export the selection or just the artboard?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 06, 2019 Jul 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here are the document sizes for Instagram: Instagram Image Size: The Right Image Size for 2019

You don't need to care about ppi, since only pixel dimensions matter.

Try PNG and if it doesn't work, try JPEG with different compressions

All social media services will further compress your images.

All of them will change constantly. So what is true about image sizes today might not apply tomorrow.

The compression they apply will have different effect on different types of images (e.g. it might look horrible when there are large red areas in your image, but it might be just acceptable with other colors).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 10, 2022 Mar 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello, I am using Adobe Illustrator for the growth of Instagram followers. but, when I post these files on Instagram, These files get compressed, and then, there is no catching look in images. I am very worried at this problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines