Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Exporting Illustrator Layers into QGIS

New Here ,
Nov 18, 2021 Nov 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone,

What is the work flow for exporting AI layers into QGIS? QGIS can open .dxf files, but when I export from AI it bundles all the layers together into one massive file. Is there a way to export individual layers instead of the whole project? Thanks.

-Jose

TOPICS
Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
New Here ,
Mar 21, 2022 Mar 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jose, there is very scant information about exporting individual Adobe illustrator layers into QGIS, I have a project where I will need to do this, just wondering if you have found a way to export the individual layers instead of one massive file, any tips or help would be great, thank you, Jane 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 22, 2022 Mar 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Jane, I found a workaround, it's a bit tedious depending on how many layers you need. You have to delete all the layers you don't want then export the AI project to QGIS. Repeat for each layer you need.

-Jose

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines