• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Exporting signle Artboards for Web is very inconssitent - AI trying to export ENTIRE Workspace

Explorer ,
Apr 16, 2023 Apr 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lately when I go to export a signal artboard (Using File, export, save for web) from a large file with multiple artboards, Illustrator CC will attempt to export the entire workspace. File . Export for screens is a really troublesome way of exporting single web image, because you have to deselect all your artboards, and you have less control over the pixel dimension of the file. So I end up pasting the image into a new document, and exporting from there, except AI CC will not export to the edge of the artboard, but the edge of the artwork, which can chop- off the image. So In addition, I have to create, and then delete crop marks. Suffice to say it has slowed down my workflow greatly, and makes me want to do something else besides work. Is there a preferences or universal setting to have AI CC simply go back to properly exporting single artboards, to their edge, with padding (as .pngs or jpegs) - as it has done for the last 20 years?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 28, 2023 Apr 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @Loyalty.Ltd,

I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing this issue with exporting single artboards in Illustrator CC. It can be frustrating when software behaves inconsistently and slows down your workflow.

To address your concern, have you tried selecting the specific artboard you want to export before using the "Save for Web" option? You should be able to select the desired artboard in the Artboards panel, and then go to File > Export > Save for Web (Legacy), and make sure that the "Clip to Artboard" option is checked. This should export only the selected artboard to the desired file format with padding, as you've mentioned.

If this doesn't work, it may be worth checking if there are any updates available for Illustrator CC (the current latest version is 27.5), as well as resetting your preferences (https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/kb/troubleshoot-preference-issues.html).

Let me know how it goes.

Best,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines