• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Exporting SVG issues, Elements are not exporting properly when exported to SVG from Illustrator

New Here ,
Nov 05, 2021 Nov 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having an issue when I design graphic in illustrator then export to an SVG. The SVG are used on a website within SharePoint. The graphics look fine saving as jpg, png, tiff, ai, but when I export to SVG it is almost like it is making a negative reversing everything. Therefore it looks totally different.

I don’t have issues all the time making SVGs this happens everyone in a while and I don’t know why. I can separate the layers or I can combined them, no change. dosn't matter if I expoxrt to scree or go under Save as I have the same result. I can see the SVG how it would look in Bridge without having the programmer post the picture, then coming back to me. 

This is what I see in Bridge:

Maabus6436_0-1636134686648.jpeg

Maabus6436_1-1636134753641.jpeg These are the settings under Save as

Am I missing something??  I want to stop running into this issue in the future, so any suggettions would be greately appreciated.

TOPICS
Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Nov 05, 2021 Nov 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are using some blend mode in it?

Looks like that is not encoded correctly. When I open the SVG file in Illustrator, I already get the wrong view. Weird thing is that Quick view on the Mac shows it correctly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 08, 2021 Nov 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, but I am not understanding "blend mode". I am self-taught, so I am may not know it as that term, I have been designing this since Photoshop came free on computers. Do you mean gradient? If so yes, I am using a gradients. Should you not use gradients in SVGs? Do I have my settings wrong for SVGs or what could be causing this encode incorrectly?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 08, 2021 Nov 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am self taught as well.

This here teaches you about transparency: https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/using/transparency-blending-modes.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines