• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Exporting to .dxf R12

New Here ,
Jan 13, 2020 Jan 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need to export .dxf files in the AutoCad R12 release format. It looks like newer versions of Illustrator will only export to R13 and later. Which version of Illustrator is able to export to R12?

TOPICS
Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
New Here ,
Feb 07, 2022 Feb 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also looking for a solution for exporting from illustrator to dxf r12. Ideas anyone?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 06, 2022 May 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also wanting/needing R12 export functionality directly from AI.  Right now our only option is to use AutoCAD or SolidWorks and import a DXF from AI to one those program and export again.  My version of CorelDraw doesn't have R12 export capability but that might be another option with a newer version, can't say for sure though.  Check before you buy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 12, 2022 May 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi All, @maxmillz @damosdesigns

Thanks for reaching out. I am afraid exporting to Dxf R12 is not possible in any of the Illustrator CC versions of Illustrator. I checked all the versions from 2013 to 2021. I even checked in CS6 with the help of a colleague at work who had it on his old machine, and the Dxf r12 option was missing.

Also, R12 DXF was released in the early 90s, which is why export options have been phased out. Probably in CS5 or earlier, DXF R12 export options will be available, but those versions of Illustrator are no longer available for purchase & download.

I hope this info helps!

Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines