• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Exporting to same folder

New Here ,
Oct 26, 2017 Oct 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I normally create an illustrator document within a job folder. When finished I export as a low res jpeg file within the same folder.

I've just updated Illustrator and now when I go to export it automatically gores to the last folder I exported to rather than the current one I'm using.

Although it's not massively time consuming it is a little inconvenient when I'm doing a load of small jobs.

Is there a setting I need to sort for this?

Thanks in advance.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Nov 07, 2017 Nov 07, 2017

Please refer to this UserVoice post about it: Export JPG/PNG(any format) in same folder of AI file (like before) – Adobe Illustrator Feedback

Please add your votes to the UserVoice link above.

We had changed the behavior based on user feedback that the last exported location is being reset on file open. The complaint looked valid hence we changed the behavior to ensure last exported location is always sticky.

This, however, has disturbed workflows of users who had adapted to the earlier limitatio

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Guru ,
Oct 26, 2017 Oct 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i have had this happen to me too, with illustrator and indesign. i notice this happening when working of the server of if i have a lot of jobs open at the same time. Glitch?

I package my indesign or illustrator file as soon as i can, after that i notice i remembers its path better versus manually making a folder to live in.

That has been my experience with this little glitch sometimes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 03, 2017 Nov 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here. It's very annoying when you're exporting hundreds of files in different folder locations. Hopefully someone has a solution for this issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 03, 2017 Nov 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here!  Very annoying when you have hundreds of folders and sub-folders and you have to search on all of them to save the file.

Please someone fix this issue ASAP!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Nov 06, 2017 Nov 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I've noted this and was able to replicate at our end. Will be checking if this is as per design or a miss and will update accordingly asap.

Regards,

Om

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 07, 2017 Nov 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please refer to this UserVoice post about it: Export JPG/PNG(any format) in same folder of AI file (like before) – Adobe Illustrator Feedback

Please add your votes to the UserVoice link above.

We had changed the behavior based on user feedback that the last exported location is being reset on file open. The complaint looked valid hence we changed the behavior to ensure last exported location is always sticky.

This, however, has disturbed workflows of users who had adapted to the earlier limitation. We are looking to solve this by making export location stick with every file. Here is an illustrative example of what will happen once this is fixed.
1. Open file A – when you click on export since this is the first time export is attempted it will open the folder from which the file was opened. Now change the folder for export and export as you would normally do.
2. Open file B – when you click on export since this is the first time export is attempted it will open the folder from which the file was opened. Now change the folder for export and export as you would normally do.
3. Now if you come back to File A and export again it will show you folder chosen for File A and not File B. as we would make last export folder stick for each file.
Post your comments on this thread or please join our prerelease and engage with us. Link to join pre-release: http://adobe.ly/1Q3rCPI

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 23, 2019 Mar 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I still see the behavior of the export file changing in every file when I change it in one (March, 2019 version). This is contrary to your explanation. What I would like is:

1. Once I set the file export location for File A, every time I open File A it has the same output folder.

2. When I set the export location for File B, every time I open File B, it has the File B export location.

3. As a bonus, I would really really like it if the export file location could be different for different file types (PNG, PDF, specifically), since I use the files for printing and for web display and they have different export locations.

4. But options 1 and 2 are the really important ones...

2. That's it really

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 08, 2021 Sep 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having this issue as well now. When I open a file and export a document, it goes to my last saved location, not the location of the file. Please can someone help?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 19, 2022 Sep 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, any solution yet?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 10, 2023 Nov 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since updating InDesign to the 2024 version, this behaviour has changed! My copy now exports to the last exported folder, but previously exported to the same folder as the file opened. I export hundreds of files into seperate folders and this now adds extra time to the task every time it's completed.

Could this either be fixed to make the behaviour stable, or ideally added as a Settings option for exporting behaviour?

Select either:

- Save to last location

- Save to current folder

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 10, 2023 Nov 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are posting to the Illustrator forum. Is your post about InDesign or Illustrator?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 27, 2024 Feb 27, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Still the same issue in 2024.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines