• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Extremely slow and constant "Not Responding"

Community Beginner ,
Jun 20, 2022 Jun 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! I have been experiencing an issue within Illustrator for months now. It seems to get worse daily. At first, it was casually slow and flashing in and out showing "Not Responding" every now and then. However, now it happen any time I click within the ai file. A project or change that should take max 20 minutes is taking over an hour.... or two. I have worked with my IT manager to try and get this fixed. He said absolutely everything on our end looks and runs clean. He does not know why I am having this issue. 

All I know is, I can not keep working like this. I need this resolved ASAP. I have seen other people on here ask about the same thing but found no real solution. Please help!

This is happening on both older and brand new files. No specific tool or action prompts the lag or the "not responding". It is literally every single click or action on my end. I can not click on an item without it doing this now. It has made it impossible for me to do my basic graphic designer tasks of the day and is completely disrupting the daily productivity. 

Some information on my end: 

• OS/Version of Illustrator
    - Windows 10 Pro / 20H2    Illustrator V 26.3.1
  • Where are your files saved (Network Drive/ System HDD/ Shared Folder on System/ External HDD)?
    - Files are located in Idrive (Network Drive)
  • When did this start happening? Are there any recent changes made to your system? For example, any antivirus, system updates, plugins, or web extensions installed recently
    - No changes that I can think of. I keep my illustrator on auto-update. This has been particularly bad for the last week. Up until then it was fairly intermitment. 

If anyone has ANY idea what could be causing this or know of a few solutions, please let me know. I am also happy to answer any questions/address any concerns. Thank you!
TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 22, 2022 Jun 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @Madeleine22193658m6ip,

Sorry to hear about the freezing. This is not the experience we want you to have. I would request you try resetting Illustrator's preferences by following the steps shared in this article (https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/using/setting-preferences.html) and sharing your observations.
Disclaimer: Please note that resetting preferences will remove all custom settings, and Illustrator will launch with the defaults. You may take a backup of these settings from the location mentioned in the article.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Thanks,
Anubhav

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 23, 2022 Jun 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Anubhav, 

I appreciate your reply. I followed the directions you sent and it made it worse somehow. It is now taking even slower. Please if there are any other options I can try, please let me know! I need this fixed ASAP 😞 

Every day it gets more difficult to work with it seems like. Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @Madeleine22193658m6ip,

Thanks for the update. I would request you to kindly try saving the files on a local drive and check if the issue persists.

Looking forward to your response.

Regards.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have tried saving via my network drive, a local drive, and even through the creative cloud. Nothing changed. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines