• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Extrude & Bevel Issue - Grainy Appearance

New Here ,
Nov 06, 2021 Nov 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been testing the extrude & bevel effect on text. However when the extrude and shadow option is applied, a grainy noise appearance can be seen. Any ideas on how to resolve? 

test.jpg

settings.jpg

TOPICS
Draw and design , Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 06, 2021 Nov 06, 2021

To reduce noise, click the render settings drop-down at the upper-right corner of the 3D effects panel. 

Or use the 3D Classic which does not have noise.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To reduce noise, click the render settings drop-down at the upper-right corner of the 3D effects panel. 

Or use the 3D Classic which does not have noise.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much - the 3D Classic was successful! With the non-classic effect I am still am unable to reduce noise through the render settings drop down in the 3D effects panel - I will keep looking into it. Thanks for your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, good to hear that helped, The new 3D is a work in progress and a Technology Preview at the moment:

https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/using/create-3d-graphics.html?trackingid=YB1TGLWS&mv=in-product&...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 17, 2022 May 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am new to AI and need help adding bevel to text without it degrading the quality of the image.

I am able to add effects like stroke or warp but when I try to add a bevel the image is extremely poor quality and blurry.  How do I avoid this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 18, 2022 May 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you use the new 3D and Materials? If so, try the Classic 3D.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 01, 2022 Jul 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here, does anyone already has a fix?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Setting higher quality options for the raytracing does anything?

And after that of course click render.

I hopw your machine has a lot of RAM and is high end.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No that doesn’t do anything. I even tried 2400 dpi.

Bas Aarse
Designer
personal details removed by moderator.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortuanately that doesn't work. I even tried 2400 ppi.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please upload that file to Dropbox or the like.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

here it is

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You cannot upload AI files in this forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 06, 2022 Jul 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For  me the answer was more video card memory.  I was using a onboard gpu  and in the bios saw they only allocated 500 mb . So 4 GB was better but then 8 was even a better result.   Even with 8GB it struggled with  the size I was working in,  The Adobe cs verified on his end with a powerful card he had no issue with my file.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 02, 2022 Nov 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I did that, I got this weird kind of spotty black line around my vector. Any idea how to fix that? If not that's okay!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 02, 2022 Nov 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I had to  razterize  the text once it looked good since  the places I worked with dont have the lastest AI  or convert it . I was creating a backdrop so  the file got large but in the end looked great but I needed to first have more memory to get it to look good.  For such a product in scale and cost I would have hoped it would do a better job as in PSE I oculd get something similar and it  was smaller.  Classic vs Modern  should result the same but it does not.  Lets hope they keep working on it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines