Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Extrude & Bevel issues

Explorer ,
Jul 12, 2022 Jul 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey All.

I'm using Illustrator CC (version 26.3.1) and noticed Extrude & Bevel is not working properly.

Let's say I draw a square and go to Extrude & Bevel.  Once there, I apply my depth at say .6944" and the preview shows about 6 boxes - not the one box I drew.  It also runs very slow!  Is this an issue with the new update?

Image attached.

TOPICS
Performance , Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jul 13, 2022 Jul 13, 2022

Hi @Yeah No,

We're sorry for the trouble. We have already logged a bugged with the product team a couple of weeks ago, and they are currently investigating this issue.

Would you mind confirming if this is happening if you are doing it on a small size rectangle on a small artboard? On my end, this was happening if I applied to extrude and bevel on large size rectangle or scaled the small-sized rectangle.

I will be looking forward to your response.

Thanks & Regards,

Anshul Saini

#Marking

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does it get better when you select View >  Preview on CPU?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It does not.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please upload the file to Dropbox or the like and post a link.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 13, 2022 Jul 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Yeah No,

We're sorry for the trouble. We have already logged a bugged with the product team a couple of weeks ago, and they are currently investigating this issue.

Would you mind confirming if this is happening if you are doing it on a small size rectangle on a small artboard? On my end, this was happening if I applied to extrude and bevel on large size rectangle or scaled the small-sized rectangle.

I will be looking forward to your response.

Thanks & Regards,

Anshul Saini

#Marking it correct to highlight only.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 14, 2022 Jul 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Small or large artboard/rectangle produces the same results.  It is bugged and it really slows down Illustrator's performance to the point of it crashing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 14, 2022 Jul 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for sharing your observations. For me, it only happens on large artboards or large-size objects.

Anshul_Saini_0-1657852574969.png

I will forward your observation to the product team. It will surely help them with the investigation.

I would request you to please be patient and stay tuned for the updates.

Thanks & Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 15, 2022 Jul 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines