Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Eyedropper tool cannot color groups

Community Beginner ,
Nov 06, 2022 Nov 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there!

The Eyedropper tool cannot color groups. That's pretty annoying. It worked before. The attached video shows this clearly. I classify this as a bug. Please correct as soon as possible. The price I pay monthly requires that. All best!

TOPICS
Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Nov 07, 2022 Nov 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you show us how you have your group built as I can't replicate this issue..?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Eyedropper tool CAN color groups. So I would suggest you don't have a regular group. Try Expand first.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Eyedropper tool CANNOT color groups. As you CAN see in the video. 

I turned a text into a vector object. Tried to color it, doesn’t work. Expanded the object. Tried to color it, doesn’t work. Ungrouped the object. Tried to color it, doesn’t work. 

This is an action I’m using for years, almost intuitively. Now it just doesn’t work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can assure you it does. I just did it!

One of your items may be corrupt.

Try resetting your prefs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Telling me it does work and “it’s corrupt“ doesn’t help. Anyway… I'll guess I have to get used to have two more steps to finish the work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also said try resetting your prefs, but hey do what you want, I don't have your problem, I can recolor grouped items... I just did it again...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 08, 2022 Nov 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As @Ton Frederiks has said, are you able to share a file for us to inspect to see if we can see the same issue. Would be good to see if we can help resolve this for you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You may want to share an example .ai file.

CC filesharing, DropBox, Google, WeTransfer...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 16, 2023 May 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I've the same issue. Help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines