• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Eyedropper tool missing in Adobe Illustrator

Community Beginner ,
Jan 22, 2021 Jan 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The eyedroper icon doesn't show up and when I try to select the artwork I want to pick the colors from, it exits the recolor tool and selects the artwork as if I had the selection tool on...?

{Renamed by MOD}

TOPICS
Bug , Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you selecting the art before entering recolor art?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes. That's the only way it shows up in the control panel right?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 24, 2021 Jan 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about your experience. There are few other users who have mentioned this issue. Are you using Esko plugins?

Please find more information on similar community discussion(https://community.adobe.com/t5/illustrator/eyedropper-tool-missing/m-p/11746449?page=2#M259193). Hope it helps.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 25, 2021 Jan 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ashutosh,

I am not using an Esko plugin. I think the problem was with the most recent Illustrator update. I installed the previous update (25.0.1) and it all seems to work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 28, 2021 Jan 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for replying. Since you're not using Esko/Deskpack plugin on your machine, would you be able to provide some more information, like:

1. Version of OS.

2. Are you using any other third-party plugin?

2. Have you tried resetting preferences?

**Please note that resetting preferences will remove all the custom settings and Illustrator will launch with default settings. You can also take a backup of the folders in case you want to. Location is mentioned in the article.

Additionally, please try suggestions given on this community post & let us know if it helps. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 26, 2022 Jul 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Resetting preferences worked for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines