Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Feature request: fix annoying save bug after adjusting UI preferences

New Here ,
Nov 02, 2021 Nov 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Adobe team --

I just encountered an annoying save bug that caused me to lose 90 minutes of work in Illustrator. Here is the sequence of events:

• I opened an existing document in AI, with the intention of changing it and saving as something else.
  • I opened preferences and made a minor UI adjustment (tweaked the size of my tool bar).
  • Dialog #1 stated that changes will not occur until you restart AI. Would you like to restart? Yes/No.
    • I selected YES (without thinking), under the assumption that I would be given the option to 'save as.'
  • Dialog #2 stated that I could either save over my existing file or trash my changes.
    • I wanted to 'save as' so that I could save the new work without writing over the existing file. Since both options were undesired and there was no way for me to back out, I chose "do not save" and lost my work.

I would prefer to have seen a "CANCEL" button that would have allowed me to back out of the process altogether, so that I could manually save the new work. Now, I'm forced to start over.

Please look into it and find a fix. Thanks.

-- williambsmithjr

TOPICS
Bug , Feature request , Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Nov 02, 2021 Nov 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Please submit this request to https://illustrator.uservoice.com/  which is where Adobe engineers will see it. The forum you have posted in is mostly just us users helping each other.

Peter

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines