• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Feature Request - Vertical alignment in text box

New Here ,
Mar 03, 2017 Mar 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe.  For real.  Not sure why this isn't built in yet.  Simple vertical alignment within a text box.  I can freaking do that in PowerPoint.

If you're re-using a design with different text copy of varying lengths, and the content needs to be centered within the design, it's not very efficient to have to re-size the text area and re-align with elements.  Sometimes the element fades off, so where you want it centered isn't necessarily within the exact center of the element.

Anyway.  All that to say...

Just add this already.  Please.  Pretty please.  With cherries and all that crap.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Explorer ,
May 01, 2018 May 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This is driving me crazy. I guess this answers my question as to why I can't do this. Designing assets that are too complex for PowerPoint and not complicated enough for InDesign. The text needs to be aligned both to the angle of the boxes and centered vertically. Transforming the shape of the text box so that it perfectly fits the text (so you can do object-level alignment) changes the vertical angle of the text. I regret going down this road.

Maybe I'm doing something wrong. Logging a  feature request anyways...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines